Want to Volunteer During the COVID-19 Crisis?
United Way’s volunteer opportunities are hands-on experiences that help participants better understand the issues our communities face—and tangible opportunities to become a part of the solution.
By donating your time and energy in the community—at places such as farms, schools, and other nonprofits—you’ll play an active role in bringing about change from the ground up.
Please contact Amy Novak to see how you can help —
Assistant Director of Development, Harford County
108 South Bond St
Bel Air, Maryland 21014
Call 2-1-1 for Emergency Food Needs
While the HCAA pantry is open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, you can call the United Way’s 2-1-1 Help Hotline for emergency food needs.
Every day thousands of people across North America turn to 211 for information and support—whether financial, domestic, health or disaster-related. 211 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people of all ages and from all communities to the essential health and human services they need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
211 can be accessed by phone or computer. A toll-free call to 211 connects you to a community resource specialist in your area who can put you in touch with local organizations that provide critical services that can improve—and save—lives.
You’ll find information about:
- supplemental food and nutrition programs
- shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- emergency information and disaster relief
- employment and education opportunities
- services for veterans
- health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- reentry help for ex-offenders
- support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
Whether in times of natural disaster or personal crisis, 211 is committed to being the first, most essential resource to anyone who needs help.
Call 211 and speak with a live, highly trained service professional in your area from any cell phone or landline. All calls are private and confidential.