The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the program formerly known as food stamps. It is a federal nutrition program that helps you stretch your food budget and buy healthy food.
Am I Eligible for SNAP?
Your eligibility is based upon your gross monthly income.
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly Income Standards|
|For each additional person, add…||$645|
Apply For SNAP (Food Stamps) Services
Ready to Apply for SNAP?
You will need the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License or State ID
- Voter Registration Card
- Utility Bills (BGE, Water, etc.)
- Rental Agreement or Mortgage with Address
- Immigration or Naturalization Papers (only if you were born outside the U.S.)
Medical Expense Deduction:
- Billing Statements
- Itemized Medical Records
- Medicare Card indicating Part “B” coverage
- Pay Stubs
- Income Tax Forms
- Self-Employment bookkeeping records
- Banking statements showing direct deposits
- Agency letter showing benefits received
- Social Security, SSI, VA Benefits, child support, alimony, and unemployment
Family Investment Administration FAQ
We Know That Applying For Assistance Can Be Overwhelming
If you are interested in applying for SNAP Benefits, please call 443-456-3629.