Apply for SNAP Benefits
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the program formerly known as food stamps. It is a federal nutrition program that helps you stretch your food budget and buy healthy food.
You can apply for SNAP Benefits on your own at:
How Can We Help you to Apply for SNAP?
Need help? We are here to help walk you through the application process.
SNAP Hotline: 443-686-0020
Am I Eligible for SNAP?
Your eligibility is based upon your gross monthly income.
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly Income Standards|
|For each additional person, add…||$645|
Apply For SNAP (Food Stamps) Services
Ready to Apply for SNAP?
You will need the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s License or State ID
- Voter Registration Card
- Utility Bills (BGE, Water, etc.)
- Rental Agreement or Mortgage with Address
- Immigration or Naturalization Papers (only if you were born outside the U.S.)
Medical Expense Deduction:
- Billing Statements
- Itemized Medical Records
- Medicare Card indicating Part “B” coverage
- Pay Stubs
- Income Tax Forms
- Self-Employment bookkeeping records
- Banking statements showing direct deposits
- Agency letter showing benefits received
- Social Security, SSI, VA Benefits, child support, alimony, and unemployment
Family Investment Administration FAQ
This document is the state’s go-to for SNAP questions. Check here first for the answers to frequently asked questions!