Parenting Inside Out Case Manager
Job Title: Parenting Inside Out Case Manager
Reports To: Director, Community Case Management
Our Values and Position Purpose
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves. This position will provide tools to instill healthy relationships between incarcerated and paroled clients and their families. The goal will be to promote self-sufficiency for this vulnerable population while reducing recidivism. It will be a part of the Community Case Management program team which provides community education to Harford County residents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct initial assessment of prospective families/individuals for appropriateness in Parenting Inside Out workshops.
Provide resources and referrals for qualified families/individuals. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Building a positive and supportive relationship with all families and individuals
- Maintain a tracking record on clients (e.g. demographics, case notes if necessary).
- Referrals to appropriate community resources as warranted.
- Advocating for families/individuals in acquiring resources as well as teaching them the necessary skills to advocate for themselves.
- Educating and reinforcing principles of healthy parenting techniques.
- Entering all information into CAP60.
- Help to build healthy relationships between inmates/parolees and their families, specifically their children.
- Use appropriate screening tools (VI-SPDAT, SAMHSA, AUDIT, DAST-20) and any other intake tools created by HCAA.
- Attend appropriate trainings that would further the success of Parenting Inside Out.
- Understand ROMA (Results Oriented Management & Accountability) goals for the program.
- Maintain orderly, accurate and detailed client case files.
- Provide up to date record keeping and reporting statistics as defined in grant requirements.
- Participate in outreach, recruitment, and enrollment of individuals/families.
- Work as a team member with Community Case Management programs as well as all HCAA staff.
- Work flexible hours (weekends and evenings) as needed to accommodate working families/individuals.
- Be comfortable meeting clients in areas that are convenient for them.
- Have a flexible attitude towards everyday office transitions; help when asked; and understand that you may have to perform some duties that are outside of your daily routine, as assigned.
- Ability to analyze situations and exercise judgement and discretion in working with families/individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, professionals in other community agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with sufficient skills to complete all required paperwork effectively.
- Education & Experience
College degree required in Criminal Justice, Sociology or related field. Experience working with volunteers and non-profits a plus.
- Background Check
Must pass a Federal, State, and Harford County Detention Center background check.
- Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with email distribution. High degree of organization and attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional customer service attitude. Ability to manage multiple projects at once and move projects ahead efficiently in a deadline driven environment. Possess a positive team-player attitude.
Valid motor vehicle operator’s license and willingness to use personal vehicle to access required job sites.
- Job Location
Harford Community Action Agency, Harford County Detention Center, and scheduled community outreaches.
Must submit a cover letter, resume and at least three professional references.