If there are people other than the applicant living in your household, please provide their information now.
CLIENT ELIGIBILITY, RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All persons, regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religious belief, political opinion, orientation, gender, age, national origin or health status are eligible for this program.
- Only Harford County residents are eligible for housing assistance, rental assistance, security deposit or water bill needs.
- The applicant must provide required supporting documentation
- Clients have the right to be treated with dignity, respect and fair treatment regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religious belief, political opinion, orientation, gender, age, national origin or health status.
- Clients have the right to have their information kept confidential.
- Clients have the right to participate in their goal-setting and plan of action.
- Clients have the right to the delivery of services in a competent and considerate manner.
- Clients have the right to be considered the expert in their own life experience.
- Clients have the right to file a grievance with the Executive Director if any of these rights are not met, and contact information will be provided upon request.
- Clients have the responsibility to treat staff and other clients with dignity and respect including respecting the privacy of others.
- Clients have the responsibility to supply reasonably requested information related to your receipt of services.
- Clients have the responsibility to participate actively in the delivery of services, including updating contact information immediately upon experiencing a change.
- Clients have the responsibility to inform staff of any medical condition, disability or cultural need that requires our awareness or accommodation in providing service.
- Clients have the responsibility to keep all appointments and to attend them on time. Should an issue arise that prevents attendance, the client has the responsibility to give 24-hour notice of a cancellation and to reschedule.
By completing this form, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to abide by our eligibility requirements, rights and responsibilities. To assure the safety of all clients and staff, HCAA has the right to refuse services to households who happen to engage in behavior that can be defined under the following: Any threats, abusive language or behavior, or any other disruptive behavior (inappropriate gestures or comments, verbal abuse, intimidation, etc.) may be grounds for immediate exit from HCAA programs and future assistance. NOTE: Joking about violence of any sort is considered inappropriate and will not be tolerated.